The greatest migration in the world is taking place now for Chinese New Year. Millions more will celebrate in countries that circle the globe to celebrate the Year of the Goat (Ram).
As it is customary for Chinese people to greet each other with good wishes when they meet during this time, I have provided a list of greetings and proverbs I found in the International Business Times UK paper you can use on your friends and at Chinese restaurants you might frequent.
Have a healthy, prosperous Year of the Goat!
- Happy Chinese New Year! Wishing you prosperity on the Year of the Ram.
- I wish you all the luck, health, and fortune and all those you love! Happy Chinese New Year.
- Wish you success in your career and happiness for your family! Happy Chinese New Year!
- May the Year of the Goat attract all the good wishes this year.
- Happy Lunar New Year. Hope all your New Year dreams come true!
- I wish you good health, wealth and luck for the forthcoming year of the Goat!
- Get rid of the demons of the year gone by and embrace the positives to lead a fulfilling and pleasurable life ahead. Wish you good fortune on the Chinese New Year!
- Τhis New Year may good luck and prosperity follow yοu wherever you gο, and may Lady Luck scare away any misfortune that was planning tο come yοur way.
- Harmony brings health. May joy and happiness surround you today and always!
- Happiness, Prosperity, Longevity! (In Mandarin: 福禄寿, pronounced: fú lù shòu)
- Enjoy good health! (In Mandarin: 身体健康; pronounced: Shēntǐ jiànkāng)
- Patience is power; with time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes silk.
- When luck visits you, everyone will know where you live.
- Be not afraid of growing slowly be afraid only of standing still.
- To attract good fortune, spend a new coin on an old friend, share an old pleasure with a new friend, and lift up the heart of a true friend by writing his name on the wings of a dragon.
- If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody.
- Kindness is the best quality of the soul.
- Frugality is the mother of prosperity.
- Don’t curse the darkness – light a candle.
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
- If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.