Think of success and the name Zig Ziglar comes to mind. He was an expert on success, and in his book, Born to Win! Find Your Success Code, he shared the philosophy that brought him that success. It is really very simple. He suggested that you have a plan and plan to succeed. In his book he provided the strategies to do just that. But what is success?
Below, he shares a short list of the characteristics that he believed comprise success:
What Success Is:
1. Success is knowing that you did a great job when you close the door to your office at the end of each workday and head for home.
2. Success is having a home and people to love who love you in return.
3. Success is having the financial security to meet your obligations each month and the knowledge that you have provided that security for your family in the event of your demise.
4. Success is having the kind of faith that lets you know where to turn when there seems to be no place to turn.
5. Success is having an interest or hobby that gives you joy and peace.
6. Success is knowing who you are.
7. Success is taking good care of you and waking up healthy each day.
8. Success is slipping under the covers at the end of the day and realizing with gratitude that, “It just doesn’t get much better than this!”
Success means different things to different people as you can see from this list. It also involves more than one area of your life. It involves the whole person. Focus only on one area and you will limit your success.